GBSC Online Membership Form
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Galway Bay Sailing Club.
Please read the links below to ensure you havea full understanding of membership terms and obligations, privacy considerations and club policies. Fill in all appropriate fields in the form below. There are a number of payment options which you can choose once you have filled in the form.
The table below shows the different kinds of GBSC membership that are available. Please choose the most appropriate one, paying attention to the notes presented at the end of this page.
We look forward to having you as a member of the club and hope that you will soon experience the delights of sailing on Galway Bay.
19 to 24
Up to 18
NOTES - Membership
* Family membership is a special rate for a couple, who together form a household, their children, if any, aged 18 and under. All such members must be listed on this form.
** Applications for Country membership are considered on an individual basis.
*** Cruising Fleet Membership is available for boat owners and crew who sail out of Rosaveal or Galway City Docks. This is a non-voting membership category. Other rules and restrictions apply
**** Crew membership is an introductory rate available to crews of members boats. This only available for two years, after which members should apply for full membership at the appropriate level. This is a non-voting membership. Other restrictions apply.
- Membership of GBSC includes full membership of the Irish Sailing Association.
- Galway Bay Sailing Club employs an anti-discrimination policy and actively encourages participation in the sport by men and women of all ages and socio-economic backgrounds, disabled persons, and members of ethnic minorities
- New members should submit the form on or before their third visit to the club
- Single payments to be completed by 31st of March
*** Introduction discount only applies to 1st year of new adult memberships. Discount of 1 x course fee against full membership fee. Examples – “Adult Introduction to Sailing” and “Adult Start Sailing” courses
NOTES - SECTION C (Boat Owner)
- Cruiser Park – members using the cruiser park must hold a Senior, Ordinary or Family membership category.
- Dinghy Park – Fees published end of December for following season. Oppies storage is included in junior rate.
NOTES - SECTION D (Volunteers)
- If you wish to participate in rescue / ferry boat driving duties, it is necessary to have successfully completed the ISA or RYA. Powerboat Level I & II Course
NOTES - SECTION F (EFT / Standing Orders)
- Monthly standing orders notes
o We are no longer able to set up standing order requests on behalf of members
o Members can set this up on their banking online accounts. Details for GBSC below.
EFT / Standing Orders Details
Account Name: Galway Bay Sailing Club Limited
Account IBAN: IE62AIBK93709661841027 BIC: AIBKIE2D
Please enter your 1st Initial & Surname as reference on the EFT / standing order transfer
If you have any queries, please email your name and telephone number to email@example.com. The treasurer will call you back as soon as possible.